Friday, July 6, 2007

My first salary

Its been one week since I got my first salary. Always dreamt of this day. Had been postponing buying a lot of things just to ensure that I was able to pay for them from my own pocket. Enough of wasting dad's money....but would say when it actually came down to spending from my own account I had a few goose bumps. Not easy to spend one's own hard earned money, eh! Was lot easier to buy things when you were not directly paying for it :).


Decided that the best thing to do would be to get gifts for the family....helps in washing off the guilt when you get down to your own shopping :). Bought watches for my parents first thing. Was fun to buy for your parents as usually its the other way around. Thought sending it to them as a surprise would be gr8. Had promised lil sis an iPod from my first salary..there goes one item from her evergrowing list...not that I mind...she is such a sweeto!! Guess its the right time to do things that I always wanted for my dear ones.


Di's gift is due and so is one for my just born niece Illarika( i know i know...it sounds more like a name for a witch...have already told Di). Anyways this is just the beginning guys..have to do a lot more for you.


Just been a week into this newly found empowerment but am already feeling why people cherish their first salary. The sense of happiness from buying even small things from your own earned money is immense. And gosh!! suddenly you feel the urge to spend more responsibly.



Anyways Over & Out for now,


Shubham

5 comments:

Fighter Jet said...

Hummm.....so whats there in for us,dude?We want our share too,u got ur salary.now lets have party!

Karthik said...

was it aboutCompletely agree with you man, nothing like buying things for the people who really matter to you in life.

But is this 'hard earned' money :-)

Anonymous said...

Abe emotional asshole..yeh kya bakchodi machaa rakhi hai......public forum mil gya to kuch bhi hagga maarega.......

Unknown said...

Subham you are a rich man, I envy you...

Shubham Bhardwaj said...

dear company mate...please leave ur identity so i can get back at u :)....